OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING
Friends of Ives Pool/WSCS
Board Meeting, 1 March 2010
Sebastopol City Hall
In attendance: Virginia Porter, Lynn Deedler, Alan Siegle, Eric Fritsch, Liza Prunuske (arrived at 6:20). Ricardo Freitas, Pool Manager
Meeting called to order at 6:05 pm.
Board adjourned to executive session until 6:25 when Ricardo Freitas joined the meeting.
Minutes of 25 January Board meeting were approved as amended by Eric Fritsch and Virginia Porter.
- Eric reported that the liability insurance renews this month. Although our carrier has not changed, the company is requesting that we fill out a lengthy form this year. Eric will handle the form with assistance from Ricardo.
Disposition of Nancy Deedler’s gift
Revision of by-Laws to move election date to October
- A motion was made by Liza and seconded by Eric to amend the bylaws to move the annual membership meeting from May to September with Board elections to be held in October. The motion carried.
- Liza will post a notice on the bulletin board in the locker rooms explaining that the change was made so that elections no longer coincided with the busy summer season.
Regular meeting adjourned at 6:45
Next Meeting: Monday 29 March 2010, 6pm at City Hall.
BATHHOUSE PLANNING WORKSHOP
Scope of project
- Enlarge women’s bathhouse and add more showers
- Replace benches in both men’s and women’s rooms
- Replace the shower hot water heater with a more energy efficient heater
Timeline and financing
- Rough cost estimate at this time is approximately $100,000. We need to get design and architect’s cost estimate before refining the estimate.
- $105,000 total in the reserve fund with half dedicated to operating reserves and half to capital reserves. Some, but not all, could contribute to bathhouse project.
- Additional funds would need to come from grants and other fundraising.
- Liza has done a little preliminary research into grants. Possible categories include women’s health, sports for girls, childhood obesity. She will keep looking.
- Given the need for fundraising, spring 2011 seems like a reasonable target for construction.
- The project will be able to be largely completed without closing the main part of the bathhouse.
- We need to find out from the City if prevailing wages will be required.
- Several pool users are interested in contributing some design services to the project. The Directors discussed the pros and cons of a volunteer designer.
- Ricardo, Eric, and Lynn will work on designer selection process and bring a recommendation to the Board.
Project lead and teams
- Ricardo will be the Project Manager. He will oversee the contractor and participate on all of the teams.
- Design team – Ricardo, Lynn, Eric
- City interface – Ricardo, Alan, Liza
- Fundraising – Ricardo, Liza, Virginia
- Other teams may be formed as the project progresses
- Find out if City is OK with addition and if prevailing wages will be required.
- Select a designer
- Develop a preliminary funding plan
Workshop adjourned at 8:00 pm
Respectfully submitted, Liza Prunuske, Secretary