OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING
WSCS/Friend of Ives Pool Board of Director’s
Board Meeting, 16 June 2008
Palm Drive Hospital
In attendance: Alan Siegle, Virginia Porter, Roger Klein,
Eric Fritsch. Lynn Deedler absent.
Ricardo Freitas, Pool Manager
Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm.
Minutes of 20 February, 14 April & 8 May approved as amended.
- Received tax returns from our accountant, Mark McDonald
- Our bookkeeper will be returning to her full duties soon.
- Chlorine generator: Ricardo and Rich Emig looked at Santa Rosa’s newest generator: the cost of a similar one for Ives may be as high as 44K. While such a generator is worth considering, we must determine whether such an expensive unit is a sound investment.
- See report attached
- Preceding 3 weeks very busy; end-of-school parties went very well. Ricardo received many positive comments upon our facility and its management. A fun experience, though lots of work. Such events are good for increasing a positive awareness of Ives Pool in the community.
- Ricardo very pleased with the company which supplied the lifeguard tower. He proposes that we repair the covers on the large pool during the closure in September, the aforementioned company being engaged to do the repairs.
- Roger moves that we authorize up to $2,000 to repair covers on large pool. Virginia seconds motion. Motion passes unanimously.
- Dave Brennan, the city manager, and Craig Litwin, the mayor, come to the pool to congratulate us on the landmark savings of 100K kilowatts of energy resulting from the photovoltaic system we installed on the poorhouse roof.
- Full reports are expected next month
- Our income and expenses are within the normal range for this time of year.
- Bathhouse: we are awaiting proposal from STS in Sacramento, the contractor who resurfaced the pool last year, to resurface the bath house floors and to install built-in ladders in the pools during the pool closure slated for September 2-13. The Board supported replacing the bench surfaces in the bathhouses and Eric agreed to make contacts regarding how to carry this out.
- Fireworks update: fireworks demonstration will take place tomorrow night. Booth sign-ups have begun. So far, few volunteers from Friends of Ives Pool have signed-up.
- Comment from regular lap swimmer that our evening hours are really important to him.
- Sign in locker room announcing that Ives Pool is sustained largely by user fees is attention grabbing and may be even more powerful if reworked. ( Thank you, Lynn, for the push behind the sign)
Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Eric Fritsch, Secretary