OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING
Friends of Ives Pool/WSCS
Board Meeting, 14 July 2008
Palm Drive Hospital
In attendance: Boardmembers Alan Siegle, Virginia Porter, Roger Klein, Lynn Deedler; Pool Manager Ricardo Freitas. Boardmember Eric Fritsch absent.
Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm.
Minutes of June 16 approved as amended.
No Public Comment
- Met with the Pool Manger about a number of operational items
- Worked with Pool Manager to solve crashed computer problem
- Pool activities tracking similar to last year
- Three new sponsorship banners are up for a total of 9 new banners
- 55 children participated in Vamos a Nadar this year – higher attendance than last year in part because they were called ahead of time
- Swim lessons going well and new coordinators are doing well
- Computer crashed and we are getting a new refurbished one
- There are a number of new-hires
- Full reports are expected next month
- Our income and expenses are within the normal range for this time of year.
- See Bathhouse item below.
- Bathhouse: proposal from STS in Sacramento for the floors seemed acceptable, and Virginia moved and Roger seconded acceptance of the bid. The same contractor provided a bid for pool stairs but no guarantee was provided. The Board does not want to proceed with installing stairs in the pools without a guarantee. Alan would double check on the warrantee for pool steps. Regarding the bathhouse benches, Roger agreed to look into bench options. Closure slated for September 2-13.
- Fireworks update: Virginia reported that WSCS/Friends of Ives Pool had very low participation this year, but that total sales exceeded last year’s sales. Full report will come from SSS in a month or so
- Insurance – no new information
- Request for Schedule adjustment – a pool user has asked us to consider early morning lap swim hours on the weekends. Due to limited lifeguard availability at that time, the Board agreed we should wait until there is adequate staffing to cover a shift at this time. The Pool Manger will keep this request active as staffing options become available.
- Vamos a Nadar – Ricardo may make a proposal to the Board regarding increased participation
- August meeting date – August 11
Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:00pm.
Virginia Porter for Eric Fritsch, Secretary