OF DIRECTOR’S MEETING
Friends of Ives Pool/ WSCS
Board Meeting, 20 February 2008
Palm Drive Hospital
In Attendance: Board Members Alan Siegle President; Roger Klein, Treasurer; Eric Fritsch, Secretary; Lynn Deedler. Virginia Porter absent.
Ricardo Freitas, Pool Manager
Meeting called to order at 6:35pm
Minutes of 14 January 2008 Board Meeting approved as submitted.
- Talked with Virginia Porter regarding personnel matters.
- Met with Ricardo; presented contract.
- Conversation with Dave Brennan regarding proposed work on bath house heating and ventilation system. Dave told Alan that since the work will cost less than $10,000, it need not receive specific city council approval.
- Further investigation of possible state funding of solar water heating improvements premature—the state has yet to approve funding.
- See written report
- Pool use slow in January: storm-related closure, weather wet and cold.
- February use has increased.
- Met with Red Cross—date for Vamos a Nadar at Ives set.
- Lynn met with intern Kay Marie Townsend, took measurements: meeting room and office project underway! Expects preliminary drawings sometime next month.
- Storeroom appears crowded and in need of attention.
- Lynn will address bathhouse floor work upon return from vacation 11 March.
- Bathhouse and Meeting Room action plan: see Facility Report. To be discussed more fully next month.
- Membership Update: Membership now stands at 142! Ricardo hopeful to attract at least 200 members this year. Guards are soliciting new members at guard station.